6 February 2016

Playing catch-up - Rigel Bomber



It was hard work but I finally caught up with the rest of the indie pattern user world and made a Rigel Bomber !!

It was a hard fought win though - those welt pockets nearly cost me my sanity. 






Finding ribbing that was anything but your basic black, white, yellow and green was a bit of a stretch (blaah). I would have liked to use a hot pink or teal blue for the ribbing but this dark navy had to do.








I made a size XS which was a pretty good fit. The sleeve length was perfect.






With such a strong jacket fabric I let the lining be softer in a pink bemsilk.

I will definitely make another of these and most likely use a plain outer with a mad over-the-top in-your-face lining.

As this jacket turned out a little long in the body I will make an adjustment and take about 2 inches off the length.

It will mean finding a zip to fit or otherwise attempting to shorten one. There are some great tutorials online about this and it seems do-able.


Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment