Well I've finally found time to post about my recent make - a self-drafted t-dress made from one of my recent fabric purchases (see last post).
The last few days have been especially busy with my daughter moving out of home for the first time (insert sad but proud face emoji here) and my son turning 18. Exhausting but memorable party antics and subsequent clean up have left little time to spend blogging.
I decided to make a t-dress based on an old rtw purchase and added a bit more shape. I managed to have just enough of this lovely cotton to make the dress although I might have made it a bit longer if I'd had extra fabric. I think it's a bit short, although I don't usually wear a belt.
I usually wear dresses loose with my hair au-natural and thongs - not like this at all! I'm a bit of a hippy in my styling and so my daughter decided to up the standard and also took the photos xx
Here is the dress on my dress form. It's a simple pull-on design with no buttons/zips to worry about and kimono sleeves so no sleeves to set in. The neck and sleeve openings were simply finished with bias binding made from the same fabric.
Here is the binding on the neck edge.
I think I will get heaps of wear out of this dress and love the quality of the Art Gallery fabric.